Instruction - Create a new bead pattern
0) Load a new image. You can select any image or photo on your computer. This can be done directly on the home page of pixel-beads.
1) Select the number of beads in width. Depending on the image size, the number of beads is then automatically calculated in height.
The maximum width is limited to 500 beads. If the number of beads is high the calculation may take a few seconds depending on the system performance.
2) Select the number of colours that should be within the pattern. During the computer calculation some of the colors are optimized so that the result contains fewer colors.
Try out different numbers of color and choose the best result while keeping the number of colors low.
3) Choose the color palette that you will use in the pattern. You can currently choose between "Hama", "Artkal" and "Nabbi".
4) It is specified how the pattern should look in the created pdf.
5) You can specify whether a grid is displayed in the preview image.
6) It is also possible to load a new image.
7) Choose the dither algorithms. Dithering is a technique that replicates missing intermediate colors with available colors.
Color gradients are reproduced better and the result image is even more accurate.
Further information Dither
8) Choose the algorithms that calculates the similarity between the different colors. Try different variations and decide for the best result.
Further information Color Difference
9) Choose the algorithms that reduces the number of distinct colors used in an image. Try different variations and decide for the best result.
Further information Color Quantization
10) Now your are ready to create the pattern! Press the button "Create Pattern".
Once a pattern has been created, a preview of the pattern appears. Below the preview you will also find an overview of the colors that are used in the pattern. If you still want to optimize the result you can adjust settings and reload your pattern again.
11) If you press the button "Save Pattern" a PDF document will be provided. In the PDF document you will find all important information of the pattern: a schematic representation, informations about the used colors etc..
Now you are ready to start your new project! Enjoy it!